Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Land of the free......Veteran arrested for asking police officer for ID




THE SITUATION: 


On November 19th, 2013 I was illegally arrested by Gainesville Police officer Benjamin Blake.

There is a video on my channel of the raw, unedited video footage I took on the scene (until Officer Blake purposefully shut off the camera.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_92OdTeRk

There is also a video on my YouTube channel explaining the situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFO5mLeA7g

There is also a post here of the audio transcript of the video: http://rule-the-wasteland.blogspot.com/2014/01/arrest-video-audio-transcript.html

The charges fabricated for the arrest (resisting an officer without violence) were dropped almost immediately, because they were obviously completely bogus, as I did nothing illegal. But I was still subjected to many criminal actions: physical touching and restraint against my will, illegal searches, damage to my personal property, physical, psychological and emotional distress, having my reputation and future job prospects affected by having mug shots on the internet, and being physically detained against my will for over 16 hours.

Incidentally, I was also subjected to the worst breakfast I have had on this planet (And that's coming from somebody who has eaten egg and cheese MREs).


WHAT YOU CAN DO: 

I have already filed a complaint against Officer Benjamin Blake and Corporal Henry, But since the police themselves are the arbiters of the complaint I don't hold out much hope for any positive result. I would appreciate it if anyone reading this could call or write to Gainesville Police Chief Tony Jones and calmly and politely mention that it is unacceptable to have officers violating the constitutional rights of citizens (veterans, no less) because of a lack of knowledge of the law, or worse, purposeful disregard for it. Please specifically mention Officer Benjamin Blake and Officer Henry and ask that they receive disciplinary action.

At the very least please post your displeasure to their Facebook page (specifically mentioning officer Benjamin Blake and Officer Henry)

If even half of my 13,000 YouTube subscribers voice their displeasure though as many of these outlets as possible, they may realize that Americans really do care about freedom and personal liberty.


Gainesville Police Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/GainesvillePolice

GPD Contact INFO:
  • Chief's Office
    (352) 393-7501
  • Internal Affairs
    (352) 393-7580


Gainesville Police Dept Mailing Address
PO Box 1250
Gainesville, FL 32627


Gainesville Mayor Ed Braddy
 mayor@cityofgainesville.org


Please share this page and the original video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_92OdTeRk
Let's show them that we will not be good little slaves and stand idly by while our natural rights as free people are trampled by bullies with a government issued monopoly on violence.


Please understand, this is not for revenge or spite on my part. It is very simply because the police will never stop abusing their authority until they start receiving some kind of negative consequences when they do. Cops should not be above the law. Nobody should be.


Even though my charges have been dropped, I have not been made whole. I have been subjected to numerous physical, emotional, and monetary damages as a result of these officers' illegal actions, and I very strongly want to pursue a law suit against the department and/or the individual officers, but have very little knowledge of the process, and no money to spend on it. If you or anyone you know has knowledge or expertise in how to go about this please contact me via Private Message on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLordHumungus?feature=watch

-TLH


"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"



Paypal Email: ericenglish@berlin.com

Mailing Address: PO BOX 5061 Gainesville, FL 32627

Quark Coin Donations: QWCdaVyZBGZD3XBMtQbmULCiadzUzrKzKE

Bitcoin Donations: 1VVjcHyNJNqSDBD5Kfpb2CQY4daXSQscm












Donations will go towards any legal fees, to try and get any record of the false arrest sealed or expunged, Etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment